KPA500 - Fan Suggestion

Richard Squire - HB9ANM
If set to NOR, the KPA500 fan will switch to speed 1 at 50C, speed 2 at 55C etc.
If set to speed 1 manually, temperature rise will be slower and it will take longer to reach 55C or even 60C.
Then it cools down more quickly. Maybe not a bad idea to leave it at speed 1 all the time, the noise is hardly noticeable (my laptop fan is louder!). Especially if you are an RTTY contester! It will switch to the higher speeds automatically when required.

73
Richard
Richard - HB9ANM

Re: KPA500 - Fan Suggestion

Jim Brown-10
On 7/5/2011 11:50 AM, Richard Squire - HB9ANM wrote:
> If set to speed 1 manually, temperature rise will be slower and it will take
> longer to reach 55C or even 60C.

Yes. I have already placed a request with the Elecraft engineering team
for a firmware update that allows a more aggressive fan setting for
keydown modes (PSK, RTTY, JT65, etc.) .

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KPA500 - Fan Suggestion

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
That is what the user settable base fan levels are for in the KPA500
menu. When using data modes in high duty cycle environments, feel free
to set the lowest fan level to a higher value.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

---
www.elecraft.com