KPA500 Kits - Is today the day?

Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KPA500 Kits - Is today the day?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We're beginning to ship KPA500 kits this week, but we have hundreds of
orders that came in during the first weeks. It will take us into July to
test and ship all of these.  We'll notify everyone as their amp kit
comes up for shipping.

73, Eric
Runnin' as fast as we can in CA.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KPA500 Kits

w0mu

Has anyone received a kit or shipping confirmation on kits?  The website
says they would be shipping last week.

Re: KPA500 Kits

Rob May-2

I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.  I don't mind waiting, I waited 5 months for my K3, just tell me a realistic date.  I ordered my kit early the first day that they were offered and no word yet.  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)

Rob
NV5E

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:38:18 -0600
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Kits
>

> Has anyone received a kit or shipping confirmation on kits?  The website
> says they would be shipping last week.

Re: KPA500 Kits

K5SM
Great idea, Rob!  (Hamcom delivery) If this is possible, count me in,
too. (order confirmed 4-8)

73, Bob K5SM

On 6/6/2011 10:27 AM, Rob May wrote:

> I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.  I don't mind waiting, I waited 5 months for my K3, just tell me a realistic date.  I ordered my kit early the first day that they were offered and no word yet.  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)
>
> Rob
> NV5E
>

>> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:38:18 -0600
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Kits
>>

>> Has anyone received a kit or shipping confirmation on kits?  The website
>> says they would be shipping last week.
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KPA500 Kits

Ken Wagner K3IU
My order was confirmed about 6 minutes
after the order book opened and I have
heard nothing yet, so don't get your
hopes up.:-)
73,
Ken K3IU

On 6/6/2011 12:14 PM, Robert Redmon wrote:

> Great idea, Rob!  (Hamcom delivery) If this is possible, count me in,
> too. (order confirmed 4-8)
>
> 73, Bob K5SM
>
> On 6/6/2011 10:27 AM, Rob May wrote:
>> I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.  I don't mind waiting, I waited 5 months for my K3, just tell me a realistic date.  I ordered my kit early the first day that they were offered and no word yet.  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)
>>
>> Rob
>> NV5E
>>

>>> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 08:38:18 -0600
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Kits
>>>

>>> Has anyone received a kit or shipping confirmation on kits?  The website
>>> says they would be shipping last week.
>>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KPA500 Kits

N5GE

I suspect the delay is the printing of the assembly manual.  When you see the
word PRELIMINARY removed from the manual at the link below you will start seeing
them ship.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/Prelim%20KPA500%20Kit%20Assembly%20Manual.pdf

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:27:53 -0500, Rob May <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.  I don't mind waiting, I waited 5 months for my K3, just tell me a realistic date.  I ordered my kit early the first day that they were offered and no word yet.  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)
>
>Rob
>NV5E
[snip]

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

Re: KPA500 Kits

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
The first kits went out to field testers last week (or so). They're
now providing feedback on the assembly-from-kit experience (we saw
W0YK's report). One might speculate that the final manual printing is
awaiting incorporation of that feedback..... or perhaps they'll just
include errata with the kits that ship to the rest of us...

    ~iain / N6ML

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 9:31 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suspect the delay is the printing of the assembly manual.  When you see the
> word PRELIMINARY removed from the manual at the link below you will start seeing
> them ship.
>
> That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/manual/Prelim%20KPA500%20Kit%20Assembly%20Manual.pdf
>
> 73,
> Tom
> Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
>

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:27:53 -0500, Rob May <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.  I don't mind waiting, I waited 5 months for my K3, just tell me a realistic date.  I ordered my kit early the first day that they were offered and no word yet.  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)
>>
>>Rob
>>NV5E
> [snip]

Re: KPA500 Kits

Jim Brown-10
On 6/6/2011 8:27 AM, Rob May wrote:
> I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.

Elecraft is a small company -- they are my neighbors, including some of
their employees. They have always had the top priority of doing it
right. From what I can see by watching this reflector, they're currently
making sure that the building instructions make sense by having a few
folks close to them build a kit from the instructions and re-writing as
needed.  I'm waiting for a kit, and I'm happy to know that it will be
"right" when I get it.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KPA500 Kits

Rob May-2

Jim,
I agree with you, I'd rather have it right than right now.  But it's easy to put an update on the shipping status page saying that delivery is delayed.  It could be a supplier issue or correcting the manual or just being overwhelmed with orders.  No problem at all, like I said, I waited 5 months for the K3.  It's not the delay, it's not the not knowing that I mind.
Rob
NV5E

> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:41:25 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Kits
>
> On 6/6/2011 8:27 AM, Rob May wrote:
> > I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.
>
> Elecraft is a small company -- they are my neighbors, including some of
> their employees. They have always had the top priority of doing it
> right. From what I can see by watching this reflector, they're currently
> making sure that the building instructions make sense by having a few
> folks close to them build a kit from the instructions and re-writing as
> needed.  I'm waiting for a kit, and I'm happy to know that it will be
> "right" when I get it.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Re: KPA500 Kits

w0mu
I was sent an email after my last inquiry that kits would be shipping
last week.  They didn't say they were just going out to field testers
though.

I also don't mind waiting for them to make sure everything is right.  A
bit more communication in the way of shipping updates would be helpful.

On 6/6/2011 12:35 PM, Rob May wrote:

> Jim,
> I agree with you, I'd rather have it right than right now.  But it's easy to put an update on the shipping status page saying that delivery is delayed.  It could be a supplier issue or correcting the manual or just being overwhelmed with orders.  No problem at all, like I said, I waited 5 months for the K3.  It's not the delay, it's not the not knowing that I mind.
> Rob
> NV5E
>

>> Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:41:25 -0700
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Kits
>>
>> On 6/6/2011 8:27 AM, Rob May wrote:
>>> I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing us along.
>> Elecraft is a small company -- they are my neighbors, including some of
>> their employees. They have always had the top priority of doing it
>> right. From what I can see by watching this reflector, they're currently
>> making sure that the building instructions make sense by having a few
>> folks close to them build a kit from the instructions and re-writing as
>> needed.  I'm waiting for a kit, and I'm happy to know that it will be
>> "right" when I get it.
>>
>> 73, Jim K9YC
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KPA500 Kits

N5GE

All,

I would rather not hear anything than have them telling me once a week it will
be next week and repeating that each week.  It's better to be silent than give
out bad information.

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:35:28 -0500, Rob May <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Jim,
>I agree with you, I'd rather have it right than right now.  But it's easy to put an update on the shipping status page saying that delivery is delayed.  It could be a supplier issue or correcting the manual or just being overwhelmed with orders.  No problem at all, like I said, I waited 5 months for the K3.  It's not the delay, it's not the not knowing that I mind.
>Rob
>NV5E
[snip]

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

Re: KPA500 Kits

Richard Squire - HB9ANM
Yes, great idea, indeed!

Eric, see you at Friedrichshafen! :)

Robert Redmon wrote
Great idea, Rob!  (Hamcom delivery) If this is possible, count me in,
too. (order confirmed 4-8)

73, Bob K5SM

  Eric, just throw mine in your bag and bring it to Hamcom, I'll meet you at the Elecraft booth on Friday.  :)
Richard - HB9ANM

Re: KPA500 Kits

Bruce Beford-2
Ok, While we're tossing out inducements... Eric or Wayne,

Bring my KPA-500 kit to Lobstercon in Brunswick, ME next month. I'll throw
in two Maine lobsters and plenty of whatever favorite beverages you
prefer...

Bruce, N1RX

John VE3NFK (going down to Maine)

Re: KPA500 Kits

Ralph Parker
>... I'd rather have it right than right now...

Absolutely!!!
But you 6m types will have to put up with my 100w from 3500' in the ARRL
VHF instead of 500+ watts, so listen a little harder.
Next year, eh?

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: KPA500 Kits

Jerry T. Dowell
I received shipping confirmation for my kit yesterday. Have patience!

Jerry  AI6L

> I don't think anyone has received a kit or even shipping confirmation.  I
really wish Elecraft would give a realistic ship date instead of stringing
us along.

Elecraft is a small company -- they are my neighbors, including some of
their employees. They have always had the top priority of doing it
right. From what I can see by watching this reflector, they're currently
making sure that the building instructions make sense by having a few
folks close to them build a kit from the instructions and re-writing as
needed.  I'm waiting for a kit, and I'm happy to know that it will be
"right" when I get it.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KPA500 Kits

w0mu
You must have been number one in line!  Grats!

On 6/7/2011 9:37 AM, Jerry T. Dowell wrote:

> I received shipping confirmation for my kit yesterday. Have patience!
>
> Jerry  AI6L

Re: KPA500 Kits

Bill Hammond
I was told that I was #40 in line and I ordered two hours after it became available on line.

Sent from my IPhone