KPA500 Missing Screws

Roy Morris-6
It was interesting to read that others have found screws missing from the
KPA500 kit.  I was missing all of the 4-40, 3/16" (4.8mm) Flat Head, Black
screws.  I was able to complete the build, but I was not able to button it
up.  I am dead in the water until the new screws arrive.  I was able to
scrounge a few of these screws left over from parts of other Elecraft
projects but not enough to install the front and top panels.  I am confident
these screws will arrive soon.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: KPA500 Missing Screws

K5SM
Kit #172 had all the screws but was missing the fuse block from the
power entry module. Priority mail brought it 3 days later thanks to
prompt work by Elecraft support.

On another note, ST0R now in the log on 2 bands thanks to the "K Line."

Bob K5SM

On 7/24/2011 5:27 PM, Roy Morris wrote:

> It was interesting to read that others have found screws missing from the
> KPA500 kit.  I was missing all of the 4-40, 3/16" (4.8mm) Flat Head, Black
> screws.  I was able to complete the build, but I was not able to button it
> up.  I am dead in the water until the new screws arrive.  I was able to
> scrounge a few of these screws left over from parts of other Elecraft
> projects but not enough to install the front and top panels.  I am confident
> these screws will arrive soon.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: KPA500 Missing Screws

Roy,

Do you have any of the panhead 3/16 inch screws - like those that were
used on the K2?
If so, why not use those temporaily - they will hold things in place so
you are not "dead in the water".
I believe all the flathead screws are used on the outside panels, so it
would not require any dis-assembly (other than removing the screws
themselves) when your correct ones arrive.

On 7/24/2011 6:27 PM, Roy Morris wrote:
> It was interesting to read that others have found screws missing from the
> KPA500 kit.  I was missing all of the 4-40, 3/16" (4.8mm) Flat Head, Black
> screws.  I was able to complete the build, but I was not able to button it
> up.  I am dead in the water until the new screws arrive.  I was able to
> scrounge a few of these screws left over from parts of other Elecraft
> projects but not enough to install the front and top panels.  I am confident
> these screws will arrive soon.  Roy Morris  W4WFB

Re: KPA500 Missing Screws

bobgarceau
I got lucky. I was missing a few screws.
Um. That doesn't good.
Ed, K1ZE gave me a bag of leftovers from his K3 assembly and I had some
screws left over from assembling the sub etc.,
I guess I was lucky....

Bob, W1EQ KPA500 #165

Re: KPA500 Missing Screws

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
I think you have to be "missing a few screws" to stay on this mailing list ;)

73,

    ~iain / N6ML