KPA500 S/N 0176

k6dgw
OK, it's on the air and works, at least on 80m [NCN tonight], and 40m
where I first tried it out.  I'm kind of thinking tomorrow, when I'm
home alone, trying the other bands won't be much different.

For the kit builders:

Not hard, lots of different sized screws, have a ruler around.

It gets really heavy after you put the transformer in, Elecraft, knowing
that we're all getting older, has worked this out so the xfmr goes in
almost last.

Problems:

#2 and #4 screws and washers are really small

Keeping track of all the different sizes of screws can be an annoyance.
  Good light helps a lot.

These problems are likely highly correlated with the number of birthdays
you've experienced and candles you've hopefully blown out.

Working full QSK with 500W is going to be sooooo cool!!

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org