KPA500 + TS-870SAT + MICROHAM

Francisco "Siso" Hennessey-HK3W-
Hello I just bought an ampifier KPA500. I have 3 Kenwood radios model
TS-870SAT, TS-480SAT and TS-570, I want to confirm with your technical
support if both Microham Digikeyer 2 and Micro Keyer 2 are just needed to
key my amplifier as stated on the operations manual.

Here's the explanation taken from the User's Manual of Microham products:

(7) PA PTT: PTT output for Power Amplifier

Ground during transmit, TIP - Signal, SHELL - Ground

If the jumper is in the SS position, the switching transistor (open
collector) is connected to the PA PTT jack. The transistor can switch up to
45V/0.8A. This position is appropriate for modern Power Amplifiers with
electronic keying. Check the manual of your amplifier to be sure the power
requirements do not exceed the transistor rating. If the requirements exceed
transistor rating set the jumper to the RE position - this position connects
the relay contact to the output jack. Maximum rating for the relay is: 48V
AC/DC @ 1A.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Siso, HK3W

Re: KPA500 + TS-870SAT + MICROHAM

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

The KPA-500 is just fine with the "SS" (transistor switching) output
of microKEYER II and Digikeyer II.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV