KPA500 anomaly?

Bill Hammond
I had the entire K-Line on and needed to reload the P3 software.  I shut down the K3 and reloaded the P3 software.  It takes a while.  During the reload the fans came on on the KPA500 and then cycled off several times.  Apparently there was some interaction between the K3 powered off and the KPA500.  Not a problem as the fix is to turn off the KPA500 too.  I just thought it was odd.  :)

Bill Hammond
[hidden email]
Bill Hammond-AK5X
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
K3 #69
P3 #817
KPA500 # 149
K2/100 #4637
K1 #2033
KX1 #1023
KX3-K someday December 28 order.
T1

Re: KPA500 anomaly?

Bob Wolbert, K6XX
The powered-off K3 loaded down the KEY IN line, placing the KPA500 in
transmit mode. It was drawing bias current, dissipating heat. After a
while, the heat sink temperature rose to the FAN1 threshold and the fan
came on.

As you said, the solution is to turn off the KPA500 (or place it in STBY
mode).

73 de Bob, K6XX