KPA500 - electronic bias question

Dave wo2x
Hi All,

Question is if the KPA500 employs electronic bias control which reduces bias to the transistors in between syllables?

I am contemplating a KPA500 but several I have heard on the air all suffer from what can best be described as "bias crunch", where the bias is reduced in between syllables to the point where you get fuzzy audio reports.

The Acom 2000A out of the box has this problem but there is a mod to set the idle and peak bias the same which makes the audio better.

Is there such a mod for the KPA500?

Dave
wo2x