KPA500 firmware button

alsopb
Wouldn't it be nice to have a reduced version of this which is a single
power on/off button.  Such a small window could be located just about
anywhere on the PC desktop.  The KPA-500 could then be "remoted" and not
use desk space.

73 de Brian/K3KO

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: KPA500 firmware button

Oliver Dröse

What's wrong with the KPA500 Utility, Brian?

I use it and my KPA500 *is* remoted, even over the internet. ;-))

Vy 73, Olli - DH8BQA
http://www.dh8bqa.de

> Wouldn't it be nice to have a reduced version of this which is a single
> power on/off button.  Such a small window could be located just about
> anywhere on the PC desktop.  The KPA-500 could then be "remoted" and not
> use desk space.
>
> 73 de Brian/K3KO

Re: KPA500 firmware button

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
The KPA Utility does take up rather a lot of screen real-estate. For
practical purposes, it has to be minimised, or buried under other
windows, during operation (unless you have 3+ monitors:). A "compact
view" option, or a separate "Control Panel" application with such,
would be useful. I'd want it to include power on/off and Oper/Stby
controls with status indicators, and some form of fault indicator.
Most of the rest of the "Operate" tab is superfluous for normal
operation, but the telemetry should be accessible (maybe in a second
window, or a less-compact view) for checking when needed.

In lieu of that, the command-set is documented, so you can always
develop your own utilities, if you're so-inclined. I may attempt one
for the KPA-500 some day....

    ~iain / N6ML