KPA500 tolerance

Jacques Gaudron
Hello
A friend of of mine has problems with a solid state amplifier that switches
to safety at the least value of SWR, like 1.2 or 1.4 !
He would like to know what is the KPA500 tolerance concerning  SWR...
Any idea welcome
Jacques de F9OJ

Re: KPA500 tolerance

Jim Brown-10
On 6/29/2011 7:43 AM, jgaudron wrote:
> A friend of of mine has problems with a solid state amplifier that switches
> to safety at the least value of SWR, like 1.2 or 1.4 !
> He would like to know what is the KPA500 tolerance concerning  SWR.

My KPA500 puts out 600W - 675W (I've seen occasional peaks of 700W
without faulting) into a reasonably matched load on the HF bands (1.5:1
or better), and 560W on 6M into a load of about 1.4:1.  If the match
gets to about 2:1 on the HF bands, it might fall back to 500-550w.   No
issues with nuisance faulting.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KPA500 tolerance

Gary Gregory
I can confirm Jims findings also....1.8:1 is fine here also.

Gary

On 30 June 2011 04:12, Jim Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6/29/2011 7:43 AM, jgaudron wrote:
> > A friend of of mine has problems with a solid state amplifier that
> switches
> > to safety at the least value of SWR, like 1.2 or 1.4 !
> > He would like to know what is the KPA500 tolerance concerning  SWR.
>
> My KPA500 puts out 600W - 675W (I've seen occasional peaks of 700W
> without faulting) into a reasonably matched load on the HF bands (1.5:1
> or better), and 560W on 6M into a load of about 1.4:1.  If the match
> gets to about 2:1 on the HF bands, it might fall back to 500-550w.   No
> issues with nuisance faulting.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment