KPA500

Dick Dickinson
KPA500..?

73,
Dick - KA5KKT

Ameritron Solid State Amp control with Elecraft KRC2 Band Decoder

Craig - AE6RR
I am thinking about trying to use an Elecraft KRC2 Band Decoder to control
the band switching on a Ameritron ALS-1300 (same remote control as the
ALS-500 and ALS-600).  The rig will be a Kenwood TS-480.

The KRC2 is capable of reading band data from the TS-480 and controlling
relays, so this looks like a good fit.

I also want to maintain full communication from a PC to the radio, so the
KRC2 must just listen to the RS-232 line and not interfere.  I think that
this is possible from reading the manual.

The Ameritron ARI-500 is not suitable as it continues to send status
requests to the radio and does not listen (half duplex) while it is sending,
causing strange band switching behavior on the amp.

Has anyone controlled an Ameritron solid state amp with a KRC2?

73,
- Craig, AE6RR

Re: KPA500

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Going into field test right now. (We have a bunch on the lab test bench
right now :-)

73, Eric

On 1/12/2011 10:18 AM, Edward Dickinson, III wrote:

> KPA500..?
>

> 73,
> Dick - KA5KKT

Re: KPA500

Jan Holmer SM6TUW
Eric,

I have some questions:

1. What is the total shipping weight for a KPA500 kit? (for shipping cost estimation.)
    The transformer is probably the main contributor.

2. Do you have any plans to ship a kit that can be sourced by a customer power supply or is the built PS
    tightly integrated regarding supervision, regulation etc.

  Jan

KAT500

Johnny Siu
Hello Eric,

If possible, will the matched KAT500 ATU come at the same time as KPA500?
 73

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Jan Holmer SM6TUW <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2011/1/19 (三) 7:01:14 PM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500

Eric,

I have some questions:

1. What is the total shipping weight for a KPA500 kit? (for shipping cost
estimation.)
    The transformer is probably the main contributor.

2. Do you have any plans to ship a kit that can be sourced by a customer
power supply or is the built PS
    tightly integrated regarding supervision, regulation etc.

  Jan

Re: KAT500

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
It will be a little bit later. We are actively working on the ATU now.

73, Eric

On 1/19/2011 5:38 AM, Johnny Siu wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> If possible, will the matched KAT500 ATU come at the same time as KPA500?
>   73
>

> Johnny VR2XMC
>

> ________________________________
> 寄件人﹕ Jan Holmer SM6TUW<[hidden email]>
> 收件人﹕ [hidden email]
> 傳送日期﹕ 2011/1/19 (三) 7:01:14 PM
> 主題: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500
>

> Eric,
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. What is the total shipping weight for a KPA500 kit? (for shipping cost
> estimation.)
>      The transformer is probably the main contributor.
>
> 2. Do you have any plans to ship a kit that can be sourced by a customer
> power supply or is the built PS
>      tightly integrated regarding supervision, regulation etc.
>
>    Jan

Re: KPA500

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
1. Approximately 30 pounds (13.6 kg) including all shipping material.
    The amplifier by itself weighs about 26 lb, (11.8 kg)

2. The power supply is built-in to the amplifier and is tightly
integrated, including microprocessor based P.S. fault detection.

73, Eric
---