KPA500

Richard Squire - HB9ANM
Two fellow hams and myself have found our KPA500's current draw to be just below 12 A at 58 V (i.e. less than 700 W) when putting out 500 W (as measured on a Bird and other Wattmeters).
That would be the equivalent of 72% effectiveness... Amazing, to say the least!
I wonder how accurate the KPA500's Ammeter is. Anyone else tapped HV and Current at 500W output?
Please respond off list (call sign below) (at) uska.ch.
I don't intend to launch a thread on this topic.
73
Richard - HB9ANM