KPA500

Jim Dunstan

Hi,

Out of curiosity ... those fortunate owners of the KPA500 could take
a look and let me know what output they produce when the input to the
amp is exactly 5W.

Thanks

Jim, VE3CI

Re: KPA500

K2GN
I was just going through the power settings to make a chart.
I'm showing between 50 & 75 watts output on the KPA500 meter with 5 watts
from the K3.
Larry/K2GN - http://k2gn.com

Re: KPA500

Jim Dunstan
At 03:22 PM 1/14/2012, you wrote:

Hi Doug,

I don't think it is necessary to go through the bands ... I expect
the power gain will decrease slightly as the frequency goes up.  It
appears that the power gain is at least 10db and as much as 13db.  It
is possible to use the amplifier in the normal manner with standard
100 watt radio as well as some of my favourite QRP radios.  My
venerable Ten Tec Argonaut would easily become a 25 to 50 watt radio !!

Thanks

Jim, VE3CI