KPA500 was working now it’s not

vtnn43e

Powered up my KPA500 today for the first time today and it was working ok with my Flex-5000. Got 500 watts out on 40 to a dummy load and everything seemed ok. Powered the rig and amp off then on and all of a sudden get only 35 watts out for 35 in. Does not matter what band I Put my rig on as I only get out what I put in. Don’t see any errors and the amp is in OPER. There are no faults BTW.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why I no longer get any output from the amp?

Zack

N8FNR

Re: KPA500 was working now it's not

Bob Wolbert, K6XX
You aren't getting the KEY IN signal so the amp thinks it is in receive
mode. Is the asterisk in the display?

73 de Bob, K6XX

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Check your PTT cable.

73, Eric

www.elecraft.com

On 12/27/2011 7:33 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Powered up my KPA500 today for the first time today and it was working ok with my Flex-5000. Got 500 watts out on 40 to a dummy load and everything seemed ok. Powered the rig and amp off then on and all of a sudden get only 35 watts out for 35 in. Does not matter what band I Put my rig on as I only get out what I put in. Don’t see any errors and the amp is in OPER. There are no faults BTW.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts as to why I no longer get any output from the amp?
>
> Zack
>
> N8FNR

Re: KPA500 was working now it’s not

k2zf50
Ron,
Check your keying line from the Flex-5000 to the KPA-500. If the PTT line is not connected I would expect to see the problem your experiencing,
Jim   K2ZF

Zack, what does the display indicate when you tap HV?

Ron AC7AC