KRC2 Failure

Jim Brown-10
For about two years, I've had a pair of KRC2s in my SO2R station, each
driving a WX0B switching matrix for W3NQN filters.  They have worked
fine.  Friday, our power was off so that PG&E could do some maintenance,
so I pulled power from a bank of power pole outlets that feeds one of
the KRC2s to minimize discharge of my backup batteries.  After restoring
power, the KRC2 has failed, in the condition that the WX0B matrix (only
relays) does not pass signal.  If I remove power from the KRC2 the WX0B
box does pass signal.

Any ideas as to what would cause this failure?

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KRC2 Failure

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Jim Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For about two years, I've had a pair of KRC2s in my SO2R station, each
> driving a WX0B switching matrix for W3NQN filters.  They have worked
> fine.  Friday, our power was off so that PG&E could do some maintenance,
> so I pulled power from a bank of power pole outlets that feeds one of
> the KRC2s to minimize discharge of my backup batteries.  After restoring
> power, the KRC2 has failed, in the condition that the WX0B matrix (only
> relays) does not pass signal.  If I remove power from the KRC2 the WX0B
> box does pass signal.

Could it be selecting the wrong filter (different band), perhaps?
Suggest measuring the voltage at each output on the terminal blocks
inside the KRC-2, as you change bands....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML