KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We have released new firmware for the KRC2 that can be downloaded from
our web page at:

http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2

This version includes:

- Added 6 meter selector in default band-map
- Holding F4 on power up now replaces band-map with the default band-map.
- Fixed problem with serial communications when loading band-maps.

73, Eric

--
---
www.elecraft.com

Re: KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

Brendan Minish
Great news,

Which output does 6m map to by default?

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 10:12 -0700, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

> We have released new firmware for the KRC2 that can be downloaded from
> our web page at:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2
>
> This version includes:
>
> - Added 6 meter selector in default band-map
> - Holding F4 on power up now replaces band-map with the default band-map.
> - Fixed problem with serial communications when loading band-maps.
>
> 73, Eric

Brendan EI6IZ

Re: KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

Jack Brindle-2
XV1

Jack B, W6FB

On Oct 13, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Brendan Minish wrote:

> Great news,
>
> Which output does 6m map to by default?
>
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 10:12 -0700, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
>> We have released new firmware for the KRC2 that can be downloaded from
>> our web page at:
>>
>> http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2
>>
>> This version includes:
>>
>> - Added 6 meter selector in default band-map
>> - Holding F4 on power up now replaces band-map with the default band-map.
>> - Fixed problem with serial communications when loading band-maps.
>>
>> 73, Eric
>>

> --
> 73
> Brendan EI6IZ

Re: KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

Roger D Johnson
I'm not seeing any difference here. Is there a new version of the
config program? I have v 0.9.3. I downloaded and reinstalled
downloader v 1.6. The installation seemed OK but I see no 6m
in the bandmap and it still says there is no KRC2 connected.

73, Roger

On 10/13/2011 1:12 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

> We have released new firmware for the KRC2 that can be downloaded from
> our web page at:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2
>
> This version includes:
>
> - Added 6 meter selector in default band-map
> - Holding F4 on power up now replaces band-map with the default band-map.
> - Fixed problem with serial communications when loading band-maps.
>
> 73, Eric

Re: KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

Jack Brindle-2
We will definitely let you know when the KRC2 config tool is updated. We are trying to do something about that at this time.

Upgrading a new firmware version into the KRC2 does not modify the band maps - that allows continued use of the current band maps that may have been modified previously. This also means that the upgrade itself does not add the 6 meter selection. If you want to add that, you will need to perform the band map defaults reset by holding the F4 button while powering up the KRC2. When the revised KRC2 Config Tool is released you will be able to edit the 6 meter selector with that tool. Until, then, the only way to add this selector is through the band map reset.

73,

Jack Brindle, W6FB
Elecraft Engineering

On Oct 16, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Roger D Johnson wrote:

> I'm not seeing any difference here. Is there a new version of the
> config program? I have v 0.9.3. I downloaded and reinstalled
> downloader v 1.6. The installation seemed OK but I see no 6m
> in the bandmap and it still says there is no KRC2 connected.
>
> 73, Roger
>

> On 10/13/2011 1:12 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
>> We have released new firmware for the KRC2 that can be downloaded from
>> our web page at:
>>
>> http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2
>>
>> This version includes:
>>
>> - Added 6 meter selector in default band-map
>> - Holding F4 on power up now replaces band-map with the default band-map.
>> - Fixed problem with serial communications when loading band-maps.
>>
>> 73, Eric

Re: KRC2 V 1.6 firmware released

AD6XY
OK - So it is April 2012. The KRC-2 software has been looking dated since the K3 came out in 2008, the latest KRC2 firmware providing compatibility with the K3 was released last October.

Those of us hoping to tell 6m apart from the other bands are still waiting for the update to the control program. If the KRC2 is still a live product, which I hope it is as it is extremely useful, is there any chance of getting this utility updated? It has been 5 years. Perhaps the code is old and difficult to pick up to modify, that happens so alternatively, as this is most probably due to lack of programmer effort, how about releasing the Auxbus protocol so people can write their own drivers for the many easy to use microcontroller boards (arduino, Picbasic etc) now out there?

Mike