KSB2 Problem with Assembly

KC9QQ
I am currently in the process of assembly a KSB2 (REV E KSB2 PC Board) which I purchased with my K2 in November 2011.  I am currently completing the installation of the resistors on the back side of the board.  After I completed installing the resistors I noticed that I had an extra 10K resistor.  I then checked my inventory and it showed that I had inventoried 3 10K resistors versus the 2 called for in inventory sheet.

Just to be safe I downloaded the latest manual and compared it to my manual.  It lists an additional four resistors on the back of the board (R21, R22, R23 and R24).

I have two questions:

1.  Should I be concerned that these resistors are not on the Rev E board?

2.  What is the purpose of the additional resistors?

Thanks,

Fred, KC9QQ

Re: KSB2 Problem with Assembly

Don Wilhelm-4
Fred,

Look carefully, that new manual does not match your KSB2.  Yours has an
SSM2165 Speech Compressor and the new one uses an SSM2166 - the added
resistors support that new IC.

As far as the extra 10k resistor, one is supplied with every KSB2 for
use as a bias resistor if needed.  It is listed in the parts list as a
component on the front panel.