KSB2 and KAF2

Bernie KF0QS
Dear Folks:

I thought I'd mention that I successfully installed my KSB2 in my K2 a week ago Sunday, and it works great.  I've been getting excellent audio reports from people and have even managed to work some DX on QRP SSB.  What fun to have SSB installed in the K2, even though I'm primarily a CW operator.

I inventoried the parts on the KAF2 tonight (I've already built and installed the KNB2 and the KAT2) and was absolutely shocked, I mean just shocked, to find that there are no toroids to wind in it.  ;-)  (Actually, I've never understood the fuss about them.  I think the hardest part of them is making sure that you properly solder them during installation, since residue on the leads sometimes makes it difficult to get the solder to flow, so making sure they are properly tinned is the main chore, and that's not that bad).  I don't want to jinx myself, but after the closely packed parts in the KSB2 and the KAT2, I feel like I'm building the KAF2 on a board the size of a football field.

Sadly, I'm not sure what I'll do after I finish with the KAF2, as building the K2, the first three options to it, and building the K1 (along with its ATU), have been one of the deepest pleasures I've had in ham radio (and I've had many).  I've already started roaming around other QRP sites for stuff to build after I finish with the KAF2 (I've also built a couple of the mini-module kits).  It looks like I'm going to end up with a number of little QRP rigs sitting around.

Thanks to Elecraft for a great experience in building both the K2 and the K1.

73 de Bernie, KF0QS