KX-3 4092

paulb

Hi Folks

Owned a KX3 for a while but never used portable until recently.
Antenna is a 40m dipole, coax fed. Nothing exotic.

For some reason the KX3 tuner has a problem getting a good match.
It settles on something like 1.8/1 which is not big deal except other
transcievers show near perfect match around 7.1megs.

Latest firmware ver loaded.

Now here is the odd part; above 7260 fast perfect match.
Move down 1khz to 7259 and the tuner won't match correctly.

On a 50 ohm dummy load tuner is faultless.

Some thing I noted is the VSWR reading on the KX3 seems out of line with
other equipment.

Not sure what the story is ?

in the meantime the KX3 is back on the shelf,
my K2 built several years ago is doing splendid service

cheers

Paul b
zl1ajy

Re: KX-3 4092

wayne burdick
Administrator
Paul,

This is very unusual. Please contact customer support so they can send you a replacement.

Meanwhile, have you tried tapping ATU TUNE a second time right after the first attempt? If you do this within five seconds, the ATU will try a wider range of LC values.

Wayne
N6KR

On May 12, 2014, at 9:35 PM, paulb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Owned a KX3 for a while but never used portable until recently.
> Antenna is a 40m dipole, coax fed. Nothing exotic.
>
> For some reason the KX3 tuner has a problem getting a good match.
> It settles on something like 1.8/1 which is not big deal except other
> transcievers show near perfect match around 7.1megs.
>
> Latest firmware ver loaded.
>
> Now here is the odd part; above 7260 fast perfect match.
> Move down 1khz to 7259 and the tuner won't match correctly.
>
> On a 50 ohm dummy load tuner is faultless.
>
> Some thing I noted is the VSWR reading on the KX3 seems out of line with
> other equipment.
>
> Not sure what the story is ?
>

> in the meantime the KX3 is back on the shelf,
> my K2 built several years ago is doing splendid service
>
> cheers
>
> Paul b
> zl1ajy

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: KX-3 4092

Phil Wheeler-2
Have you put an antenna analyzer on that antenna?

73, Phil w7ox