KX-3 Problem Putting Cases Together

Bruce W1UJR
Just finished KX-3 serial #328 and all is working well.

However, I noted that the lower side of the case, where the speaker is located, seems to hit on something inside when going together.
I can not fully seat the top, so the end flanges are even with the bottom panel, without causing the bottom middle to slightly "bulge" out.
Some experimentation shows a "rocking" on an obstruction located near the middle of the lower part of the board.

I've checked a dozen times, looking for a cable, either ribbon or battery binding.
I removed the ribbon cable, and the case does not have pressure on the center when installing.
Seems that my unit has some sort of interference between the cable connections, could the top plug and socket
be sticking down far enough to hit the bottom?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cordially,
Bruce J. Howes W1UJR