KX1 20mtr tx okay but no 40 mtr tx

Jeff N3FYW
I am in the process of completing my KX1 assembly and testing.  Everything has been working out fine until I was doing the transmission test.  With a factory transceiver nearby, 20 meter test works fine;  40 is a bust.  A good signal is heard at or about 14.100 mHz; none at 7.100 of anywhere on the band.  40 receives perfectly.  So, any suggestion where to look would be appreciated.  BTW, the toroids were purchased pre-wound and verfied before installation, but don't let that affect suggestions.   Thanks in advance.

Re: KX1 20mtr tx okay but no 40 mtr tx

Don Wilhelm-4
That condition is often associated with a problem in the DDS low pass
filter.  The result is that there is a lot of harmonic content in the
transmitted signal.  On 20 meters, the output low pass filter takes care
of things, but on 40 meters, it does not.  If you look at the 40 meter
signal with a 'scope, you will see a distorted waveform rather than a
clean sine wave.

Check L4, L5, C50, C51, and C52 - if the values are correct, reflow the
soldering with a hot iron (750 degF) and add a wee bit of solder to get
new flux on the connection.

Also check to be certain that U1 is fully seated into its socket - the
narrow part of the pins should be completely into the socket.  It takes
a good bit of pressure to accomplish that.  Put your thumbs on the IC
and your fingers under the board and apply pressure until it is seated.