KX1 Antenna

k6dgw
I'm thinking of making a portable antenna for my KX1 out of a 28' piece
of RG-58A/U by stripping off nearly all the outer covering, fishing the
center conductor thru the braid at the bottom, and using the braid as
the radial with a coax connector on the short unstripped part.  Anybody
done this before?  Did it work?

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw

Re: KX1 Antenna

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
I never done this, but I did one out of a 28' wire as the antenna with
two 16' radials. But the wire I use and choose is the same wire that
good quality scope probe are made of.... Ultra flexible red and black
wire 20 gauge stranded..... you can operate from -20 C or more.... keep
it's flexibilty even on frozen wheather... that is a feature I need and
found... the ability to keep flexibility under frozen days... ;-)