KX1 Desk stand...

Steve Banks
Hi All,

A couple of days ago I was trying to devise a small desktop stand for my KX1
to make it a bit easier to operate while seated at my desk.  Having it
elevated and tilted forward were primary concerns.  I noticed a couple of
recent posts on the reflector about the same subject and thought you might
benefit from what I found.

I tried a couple of unsuccessful homebrew clipboard-type ideas, but
eventually discovered a small metal "Mesh Sorter" at a local Office Depot
(Item No. 346-395, about $7), which serves the task nicely without having to
do anything other than just putting it to use.

The sorter is a tiered, 4-divider desktop stand measuring about 3"D X 7"W.
Its black finish matches the KX1 covers reasonably well.  Its dividers of
four different heights afford the KX1 several convenient positions to rest
on while the paddle or any of its switches are operated.  It seems quite
stable and works well for me.  The KX1's rubber feet rest securely against
whatever divider I choose.  The lowest one keeps the paddle at an excellent
height for me.

I have no interest in Office Depot, other than the fact that my local store
seems to have a good selection of stuff that frequently is helpful for
devout scroungers like me.

73...
Steve Banks
K0PQ