KX1 - Display partially works

K Price
I have just completed the 2nd phase and am at the Alignment/Testing  Phase II.
When I powered up the radio in Phase I the display appeared  to function
normally and all parts of it lit up.  For Phase II the  bottom row of the
display no longer lights up.  Otherwise, the display  functions as you would
expect.  I have checked for solder bridges and  shorts but do not see anything.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
 Keith Price (WA5LPW)
901-763-1275 (home) / 901-409-1432 (cell)

Micah 6:8 (NIV)
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
   And what does the LORD require of you?
   To act justly and to love mercy
   and to walk humbly with your God.

www.wa5lpw.com

FISTS Member # 12699,  SKCC # 3004
Flying Pig QRP # 1553,  NAQCC # 1797,  QRPARCI # 12927

Re: KX1 - Display partially works

Don Wilhelm-4
  Kieth,

The most likely problem is that you failed to solder pin 1 of either the
display itself or the resistor pack directly bellow it.  Pin 1 of both
are associated with the "d" segment (lowest horizontal segment) of the 7
segment display.

Pin 1 has a round pad while the rest are rectangular, so it is often
overlooked.