KX1 Just Arrived

K8QI
I just received my KX1 -with 30/80 meter board and Plug-In Keyer Paddles.

I've read all the posts for the KX1 (they were extremely helpful) and reviewed the Builder pages - soldering ect.

I plan on doing the KX1 board first and do the tests at each phase and the alignment.  Then Install the Keyer Paddles and make a few contacts on 20 and 40 meters.   After I'm sure all is OK on 20 and 40, then I plan to build and install the 30 meter - 80 meter option.   At this point, I am planning on winding my own toroids.....

Do you have any suggestions for someone new kit building at this level?

Thanks -

Barry K8QI