[KX1] New KX1 Kit...

Phil Hystad-3
I got a new KX1 kit along with the 30/80 band addition at the Elecraft booth at SEAPAC this weekend.  Now, all I need is the time to put it together.  I am willing to trade my Norcal 40A for 15-hours of someone's spare time.  You can e-mail the hours.

So, I am thinking though that I want to take the easy route and have someone do my toroids for me.  Along with the KX1, I got sheet of paper describing a toroid winding service from Toroid Guy.  Any recommendations.  The $9 price for the KX1 seems hard to beat, I paid more then that for my glass of wine with dinner last night.

Thanks for any comments.

73, phil, K7PEH

Re: [KX1] New KX1 Kit...

Don Wilhelm-4
Phil,

I am emailing 15 hours right now :-)  - please send the NC-40A!

More important than the toroids for the KX1, you will need the toroids
for the KXB3080 which are more difficult than usual to wind correctly.
So add another $10 to that toroid price and add the shipping that
Mychael charges.  It is really a great service and his toroids are quite
professional.

Phil Hystad wrote:

> I got a new KX1 kit along with the 30/80 band addition at the Elecraft booth at SEAPAC this weekend.  Now, all I need is the time to put it together.  I am willing to trade my Norcal 40A for 15-hours of someone's spare time.  You can e-mail the hours.
>
> So, I am thinking though that I want to take the easy route and have someone do my toroids for me.  Along with the KX1, I got sheet of paper describing a toroid winding service from Toroid Guy.  Any recommendations.  The $9 price for the KX1 seems hard to beat, I paid more then that for my glass of wine with dinner last night.
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH

Re: [KX1] New KX1 Kit...

Phil Hystad-3
don,

I didn't see the hours attached to your message.  Did you use the right MIME encoding?

Yes, I know about the 3080 toroids and this is probably the main reason that I decided to look into having someone wind them for me.  And, yes, I forgot to include the full price for both sets but my glass of wine actually cost me $12.50 and my wife's glass was $9 so we still paid more for wine then the cost of winding toroids.  Of course there is postage too.

phil