[KX1] On the trail with the KX1 -- Antenna?

[KX1] On the trail with the KX1 -- Antenna?

WD6DBM
Check out the AlexLoop WalkHam portable magnetic loop antenna at www.alexloop.com. I have used this on local hikes with my K1 and KX1 and it works great!  You'll need a cheapo photo tripod. It is bulkier than a simple wire but still lightweight and comes with a handy carry bag as well.

73

Eric WD6DBM

Sent from my &$@!? iPhone

Re: [KX1] On the trail with the KX1 -- Antenna?

Raymond Sills
Ditto.  I've used my AlexLoop (standard version) with a KX1, and been
amazed at how will it works.  My first QSO with the AlexLoop and the
KX1 was with a station in Maine (from here in EPA).  I was running
about 1 watt.  I forget the report, but we had solid copy both ways.

73 de Ray
K2ULR

On Jun 17, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Eric wrote:

> Check out the AlexLoop WalkHam portable magnetic loop antenna at
> www.alexloop.com. I have used this on local hikes with my K1 and
> KX1 and it works great!  You'll need a cheapo photo tripod. It is
> bulkier than a simple wire but still lightweight and comes with a
> handy carry bag as well.
>
> 73
>
> Eric WD6DBM
>
> Sent from my &$@!? iPhone

Re: [KX1] On the trail with the KX1 -- Antenna?

Phil Hystad-3
Thanks for the comments on using the KX1 on the trail.  I will probably wait on something like the AlexLoop but I am curious about how it performs versus the Buddipole antenna.  I mean, if I am going to carry an antenna contraption rather then just coils of wire, the Buddipole looks interesting too.

73, phil, K7PEH