KX1 Opinions PLEASE

Bob-165
Hi,

I am contemplating purchasing a KX1 and I would like some input regarding
the general coverage receive aspect of this unit.

I realize that the KX1 is designed for portable QRP CW use, and that is my
primary interest, however, I also like to do some general listening of SSB
signals both amateur and outside of the amateur bands. Please give me your
input
as to how well or poorly does the KX1 work for general coverage listening.

Is it sensitive to weak signals? Does the audio sound okay?

Often when camping or even late at night when I can't sleep, I like to tune
around the bands with my FT817 (in my lap) listening to voice type
communications, be it amateur or utility and I would like to know if the KX1
would be good for this type of activity.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

73
Bob VE3UK