[KX1] Power drops after a few minutes of CW xmitting

[KX1] Power drops after a few minutes of CW xmitting

Chip Stratton
Thanks Pat Byers for some tips. Turned out the KX1 is just fine, and the
problem was an intermittent connection out at the base of the 6BTV antenna.

Very surprising to me that just a few watts of RF was causing the connection
to go from good to bad after a few minutes, I was sure it was something
failing in the KX1.

Chip
AE5KA

Re: [KX1] Power drops after a few minutes of CW xmitting

Mike WA8BXN
Chip,

Can you shed a bit more light on the situation? I assume that the connection
problem at the base of the antenna would raise the SWR. I don't think the
KX1 samples the SWR to limit power out when its high. So I am not sure what
is really going on. I'm glad you found the problem and have a solution, but
I sure would like to more understand what was going on!

73/72 - Mike WA8BXN