KX1: Question about SWR display in CAL mode....

KX1: Question about SWR display in CAL mode....

VK7JB
Hi Group,

Maybe it's a bit "retro", given the successful debut of the KX3, but I'm considering ordering a KX1 just for the fun of the build.  I intend to also get the KXB3080 and the KXAT1 tuner.

I've read the manuals but can't find a clear answer to this question:

If I run the KX1 in to wire antenna (or external manual tuner) with the KXAT1 in bypass (CAL) mode, will the KX1 still display to me the SWR of the antenna/external tuner system?

In the KXAT1 manual there's a comment about not being able to read SWR "continuously" in this mode, suggesting to use an external meter instead.  I don't need a continuous display, but just some way of knowing what the antenna system SWR is if I'm using antennas close to resonance and don't need to engage the TUN function of the KXAT1.

Hope that makes sense.  Any info appreciated.

73,
John
VK7JB
K1 #2822; K2/100 #6998; K3/100 # 5102

KX1: Question about SWR display in CAL mode....

VK7JB
Hello Group,

Just re-posting this question because somehow it didn't make it to the list at first attempt... here goes again....