KX1 Setup help

DK8MT
Hello...

I've just received a KX1, not built by me and am having trouble with the 30m band tuning. Any suggestions? I can receive on 20m's ok. But... when I hook up my mini-palm lambic paddle and attempt to send.. the display just blinks and I have to to a power reset to get it to normal status.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tim, DK8MT

Re: KX1 Setup help

Don Wilhelm-4
Tim,

It is likely that I can help, but I need more information.
What do you mean by "trouble with 30m band tuning"?  Do you have the
KXB3080 option installed or the KXB30?  Is 30 meters being indicated on
the display?  What happens when you turn the VFO knob?

The transmit problem - is that only on 20 meters?  Or is it the same on
all bands?  This is most likely a separate problem.  What happens if you
set the ATU menu parameter to CAL, connect a dummy load and do a TUNE
(hold the two leftmost buttons) - how much power is developed?  Then tap
any button to exit TUNE - does it go back to receive?