KX1 VFO Stopping

GeorgeP1111
Hello...

Three times now over the past few weeks I ran into a situation where the VFO on my KX1 would stop going down in frequency.  The three times it happened I was on 40 meters and had been going up and down listening to CW.  Then at some point I would be tuning Down in frequency and the VFO would stop, say for example at 7.122.xxx.  Tuning Up in frequency would be Ok, but going back down and the VFO would stop at the same -exact- frequency (so it's not the rotary encoder going bad).  I turn Off the pwr, turn On the pwr and it comes up on the frequency I left it on an now it works fine (I can tune below the 7.122.xxx).

I don't know for sure if the frequency was 7.122, but it was something like that and I'm also not sure that it had stopped at the same freq each of the three times it locked up for me.  I will start watching this closer next time it happens.

This is no big deal, and certainly not worth getting in and rebuilding something (unless it gets worse).  I did search thru the postings here and did not see anyone else talking about this so I thought I'd toss it out for any comments.

This is one heck of a little radio.  I have been Hamming for about 33 yrs now and never liked CW (worked maybe 50 CW contacts in those 33 yrs).  I have been using the KX1 and the KXPD1 mainly as a Code Practice Oscillator so far because I have never used a paddle/keyer before and need to practice before getting on the air with it.  Now CW is enjoyable and the hobby has taken on a new interest for me... kinda like getting back to the old days and my reasons for becoming a Ham in the first place.

tnx
de George
WD0AKZ

Re: KX1 VFO Stopping

GeorgeP1111
I figured it out..... I had the RIT ON ( I wonder how that happened?? )

Anyhow It appears that I have a timing problem pushing the multiple buttons for the various functions ie Speed/Clr for the Display.

de George
WD0AKZ