KX1 & Wind River Mountains

John, KI6WX
Last summer, I had several folks track my location as I solo hiked through the Wind River Mountains on an historical exploration trip.  I used a KX1 to send out my evening GPS location.  The historical results of that exploration are now posted on the web at:
http://home.pacbell.net/johngreb/fremont1842.htm

This trip was able to determine with a high degree of certainty which mountain John C. Fremont climbed in August 1842.  This is a question that has been in controversy for many years.

-John
 KI6WX

Re: KX1 & Wind River Mountains

wayne burdick
Administrator
John, KI6WX wrote:

> Last summer, I had several folks track my location as I solo hiked
> through the Wind River Mountains on an historical exploration trip.  I
> used a KX1 to send out my evening GPS location.  The historical
> results of that exploration are now posted on the web at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/johngreb/fremont1842.htm
>
> This trip was able to determine with a high degree of certainty which
> mountain John C. Fremont climbed in August 1842.  This is a question
> that has been in controversy for many years.

I'm convinced, John -- congratulations on this bit of sleuth work. Will
your contribution be officially recognized? More importantly, will
"KX1" appear somewhere as a footnote?  :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---