[KX1] Xmit frequency differs from display on one band

[KX1] Xmit frequency differs from display on one band

Chip Stratton
Using the DDS menu, I have calibrated the KX1 so that the transmitted
carrier frequency is displayed accurately on the 20 meter band. However, on
the 40 meter band the carrier is 350 Hz higher than shown on the display.

Am I overlooking something or is the disparity something I just need to live
with?

Thanks,
Chip
AE5KA

Re: [KX1] Xmit frequency differs from display on one band

Don Wilhelm-4
  Chip,

First, calibrate the BFO by listening to an AM station.  If you have the
KXB3080 installed, use 10 MHz WWV (but any AM station will do - make LSB
and USB sound the same - the instructions are in the manual.

After that, use the DDS menu (again as instructed in the manual), adjust
the menu so the station is received at the proper frequency on the dial.

You must do both the BFO and the DDS calibration to make the frequency
display correct.