KX1 ant. and cntpse. ques.

Gio

KX1 ant. and cntpse. ques.

Gio
Good Day Everyone,

I was noodling around some KX1 topics on Nabble and found this posting by
W2XS from 7/08:

"For 40, 30, and 20 meters, I use a 42-foot wire with a large nut on the
end.  The wire is thrown over a tree branch.  A Pomona BNC-to-Bindng Posts
adaptor is used.  Three counterpoise wires cut to one quarter wave for each
band (approx. 33', 23', and 16.5') are connected to the ground binding
post."

My question is whether *all three* counterpoises are attached to the
binding post *at once*, or is he talking about changing the out the
counterpoise as he changes bands? I've been using a one-size-fits-all
counterpoise and was wondering if I've missed something basic and very
useful.

Thx es 73

John KK4BOB

--
John Flynn
Tallahassee, Florida

Re: KX1 ant. and cntpse. ques.

Tim Herrick
You can connect all at once. The ones for the band you are on will be resonant where the others will not.

Tim Herrick, KQ8M
Charter Member North Coast Contesters
[hidden email]

AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
User Ports: 23, 7373  with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer