KX1 does not stop transmitting

Chris Fowler-2
I've just received a KX1 so I'm very new to this.

I'm testing out transmitting using an external straight key.  When I
send the first element the KX1 transmits but does not stop.  The ATU is
installed and the antenna is tunned.  The input menu option is set to
Hnd and the unit is configured to use the paddle jack.  Is there
something I missed?

73,
ki4ymd

Re: KX1 does not stop transmitting

Chris Fowler-2
On Sat, 2009-07-18 at 12:16 -0700, Paul Meier wrote:
> Take the radio out to a park or somewhere fun.

My CW is too rough for that :)

I'm going to practice sending using an HD-1410.  I'll then jump onto
7.117.000 and make some contacts in the novice part of the band at slow
speed.

I bought this unit off QRZ with the intention of using it in the field.
I don't like hauling a 706MKII and the necessary batteries with me on
the AT.

The unit came with the Maldol AH-C7,C21, and C14.  The ATU in this KX1
seemed to match well with the AH-C7.  Not sure if anyone else here is
using a similar setup.

Everything on the unit checks out but I've not tested the power output
yet.  I don't have a power meter capable of testing at QRP levels.
Hopefully someone in the local club has one and can check it for me.

I spent many hours during the winter picking up CW.  I spent too much
time focusing on RX but not TX and I need to do more TX practice.  I
decided that buying this rig would be a catalyst.  Having something like
this to take out in the field is sure to motivate me :)

I did not realize that this list puts the sender in the Reply-To and not
the actual list.  For those that did not read the thread I was using a
mono plug for my J key instead of a stereo plug.  A pair of clip leads
showed me what I should have done.

73,
ki4ymd Chris