KX1 hearing mirror image cw on every band

KX1 hearing mirror image cw on every band

nick thomas
Well after doing some digging - I cannot find anything wrong with my
KX1's electronics.

I suspect that I am hearing filter blow-by. Perhaps the compromise
antennas I used this year in the field did not allow me to hear the
blow-by. I am now using my yagi at 70 feet to do the tests.

Still, it seems like what I am hearing is too loud. The mirror image
qso's are somewhat quieter and if I narrow the filter it attenuates them
quite a bit.

Still - I wonder if anyone else has experienced this with their kx1s
listening on large antennas.

--
Cheers,

- Nick NT1A

Re: KX1 hearing mirror image cw on every band

wayne burdick
Administrator
Hi Nick,

Because of its small size, the KX1 uses a 3-pole crystal filter. This
filter's opposite sideband suppression could probably be improved with
larger capacitors and an impedance change at either or both ends, but
this would come at the expense of SSB/AM reception.

73,
Wayne
N6KR