KX1 heatsink question...

Michael Kimzey

A quick question now that my fully-loaded, turbo-charged KX1 is operational...

1)  Any benefit to using a thermo-conductive paste between the transister and the case?  Radio shack sells some.  I currently have that stock plastic piece in place.

2)  Additionally, I'm looking to make the unit a little more "low profile", has anyone installed a low-profile tuning knob?  I think that Mouser has one that is only 0.39" tall.

-Mike, KB3ELW

Re: KX1 heatsink question...

Don Wilhelm-4
Mike,

Use only the supplied thermal pad - it is a better heat conductor than
the gooey white messy stuff.