KX1 problem

Pedro Correia

Hi,

I have a problem with my KX1, I notice that if apply some minor force to the covers my audio level will vary. This sometimes appends if I tap the main knob. I did a full soldering rework and still no solution.
Any ideas please.

Best regards,

Pedro Correia, CT2GET

Re: KX1 problem

Don Wilhelm-4
  Pedro,

Do you have the KXB3080 (or KXB30) option installed?  If so, be certain
the wires on the top of the option board have been flush cut and the
square pads are in place.  If the transistors under that board are not
down flat against the main board, they will not allow the KXB3080 board
to be laid flat and may short to the top cover.

Also check the ground wires on the crystals.  If they are not soldered
low on the crystal case, they can contact the battery holders and put
pressure on the main board when the bottom cover is in place.

On 11/9/2010 11:00 AM, Pedro Correia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my KX1, I notice that if apply some minor force to the covers my audio level will vary. This sometimes appends if I tap the main knob. I did a full soldering rework and still no solution.
> Any ideas please.

Re: KX1 problem

Pedro Correia

Don,

There was a broken wire from the KXB3080 (G). Also I remade the ground wires on the crystals. It's great now!!

73

Pedro CT2GET