KX1 with 30/80 option - band cycling now limited to 7/10/14

KX1 with 30/80 option - band cycling now limited to 7/10/14

JONES, George
I have had this KX1 for a while. This fault was noted (maybe arose)
during a recent garden op. session.
Bands 7/10/20 are all operational & selectable as normal, but 3.5 is skipped completely.

I acquired this little gem ready built & fully working, so am a bit wary of taking it apart.
Before I do, I am wondering if there are any stock faults to look out for ?

73

George G4TPV

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail and/or attachment in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail and any attachment from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use the contents of the e-mail or any attachment.
All e-mail sent to or from this address may be accessed by someone other than the recipient for system management and security reasons or for other lawful purposes.
Airbus Operations Limited does not accept liability for any damage or loss which may be caused by software viruses.
Airbus Operations Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 3468788. The company's registered office is at New Filton House, Filton, Bristol, BS99 7AR.

Re: KX1 with 30/80 option - band cycling now limited to

Bruce Beford-2
> I have had this KX1 for a while. This fault was noted (maybe arose)
> during a recent garden op. session.
> Bands 7/10/20 are all operational & selectable as normal, but 3.5 is
skipped completely.

> I acquired this little gem ready built & fully working, so am a bit wary
of taking it apart.
>Before I do, I am wondering if there are any stock faults to look out for ?

>73

>George G4TPV

It sounds like perhaps the B80 Menu entry has been set to "off".

GL,
Bruce, N1RX

Re: KX1 with 30/80 option - band cycling now limited to 7/10/14

  George,

Check the menu - Scroll to either the "b30" or "b80" (you will only see
one or the other), if it is "b30" tap the rightmost button to change to
"b30".  Then HOLD the Edit button.  If the parameter is "off", turn the
VFO knob to "On" and tap the MENU button twice to exit.  You should now
have all 4 bands.

That information is in the KXB3080 manual.