KX3 - 2M questions..

Dave KK7SS
Hi Wayne,

Trolling through the emails from various sources, I get the impression that the KX3 may have a 2M internal module option - in lieu of the ATU.

If that is the case, I have the following questions.

1) Will the 2M module power out be around 5W?
2) Are you considering 2M FM as well as SSB/CW (EM, LEO sats, Skywatch, etc)?
3) Would the 2M option and the internal ATU be user swappable in the field?
4) Or would they be mutually exclusive?

Thanks..

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it..
'65 Sprite - in process :(
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

Re: KX3 - 2M questions..

KK7P

> If that is the case, I have the following questions.
>
> 1) Will the 2M module power out be around 5W?

TBD

> 2) Are you considering 2M FM as well as SSB/CW (EM, LEO sats, Skywatch, etc)?

The KX3 should do all modes on all bands, including any optional band
modules.

> 3) Would the 2M option and the internal ATU be user swappable in the field?

TBD

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: KX3 - 2M questions..

Dave KK7SS
Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy (mostly) this year, ate all my greens, and nearly always stopped when the light turned red.

What I want for Christmas is......  Nope! Christmas is too far away  <Grin>

Seriously, thinking of a KX3 with 2m --- what a killer concept!

It doesn't seem that long ago when my old Hallicrafter twins were cutting edge at ~100 pounds the pair!!

--

----- "Ray Sills" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's sure hard to be patient... we'll all like kids in the month of
> December

Re: KX3 - 2M questions..

Jack Chomley
PLEASE do not over complicate this new model radio, the more you put in it, the more to go wrong and render it unuseable. Field repairs are no fun.......
HF and maybe 6 metres at the most. :-)

73, Jack

Sent from my iPad