KX3 #687 built

Steve KC8QVO
It only took about 4 hours. Very easy. If you read the directions it is extremely well laid out, typical Elecraft.

What surprised me was the serial number. 687 - and I ordered the second day. Wow. I wonder what they're up to now - after Hamvention and others seeing the KX3's already out and running around the bands. The numbers have to be sky high even still.

Now I can't wait to get the rest of the options - 2m module and charger.

Steve, KC8QVO

Re: KX3 #687 built

Thomas Horsten
Hi Steve,

Yes I was surprised at my serial no. 654, ordered on the 28th at around
noon. I'd guess they must have received several thousand orders by now and
I'd be surprised if the number doesn't surpass 5000 within a year. Once
people start seeing this rig out in the field it'll increase the popularity
I'm sure :) And we still haven't had a single review in a major magazine
yet (probably a good thing, gives Wayne and Lyle more time to iron out the
little creases in firmware).

I'm not sure what the break-even line for Elecraft is on this, but I'd be
very surprised if they're not already there by now. Hopefully that means
the talented crew will have the opportunity to create even more
ground-breaking products :)

73, Thomas M0TRN

On 12 July 2012 11:04, Steve KC8QVO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It only took about 4 hours. Very easy. If you read the directions it is
> extremely well laid out, typical Elecraft.
>
> What surprised me was the serial number. 687 - and I ordered the second
> day.
> Wow. I wonder what they're up to now - after Hamvention and others seeing
> the KX3's already out and running around the bands. The numbers have to be
> sky high even still.
>
> Now I can't wait to get the rest of the options - 2m module and charger.
>
> Steve, KC8QVO

Re: KX3 #687 built

Martin Staffa
Problem with HRD/ SteppIR
Reinstalled HRD I am using steppir controller with HRD after reinstall VFO
will not change bands on HRD screen sub frq. is not switching on screen
another words 28.5 main sub will read 18.130?steppir will not change bands.
Any thoughts Thanks Martin N1KGP

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Thomas Horsten <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Yes I was surprised at my serial no. 654, ordered on the 28th at around
> noon. I'd guess they must have received several thousand orders by now and
> I'd be surprised if the number doesn't surpass 5000 within a year. Once
> people start seeing this rig out in the field it'll increase the popularity
> I'm sure :) And we still haven't had a single review in a major magazine
> yet (probably a good thing, gives Wayne and Lyle more time to iron out the
> little creases in firmware).
>
> I'm not sure what the break-even line for Elecraft is on this, but I'd be
> very surprised if they're not already there by now. Hopefully that means
> the talented crew will have the opportunity to create even more
> ground-breaking products :)
>
> 73, Thomas M0TRN
>
> On 12 July 2012 11:04, Steve KC8QVO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It only took about 4 hours. Very easy. If you read the directions it is
> > extremely well laid out, typical Elecraft.
> >
> > What surprised me was the serial number. 687 - and I ordered the second
> > day.
> > Wow. I wonder what they're up to now - after Hamvention and others seeing
> > the KX3's already out and running around the bands. The numbers have to
> be
> > sky high even still.
> >
> > Now I can't wait to get the rest of the options - 2m module and charger.
> >
> > Steve, KC8QVO
> >
> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KX3 #687 built

Jason Hissong-2
Congrats on getting the KX3 built!  Looking forward to our KX1<->KX3 QSO.

I may need to borrow it someday ;)

73,
Jason N8XE