KX3 AF/RF gain control

Rick Dettinger-3
In the photo of the KX3, the gain control is labeled AF/RF.  Since
this is not a concentric control, it must adjust the gain at both
stages with one knob.  I am wondering if we will be able to change the
balance of the effect that this control has on the two stages.  With
superhet designs, my thinking has always been to set the AF control to
match the requirements of the speaker or headphones and use the RF
control to adjust for changes in signal strength, but I have no
experience with DC radios.  The KX3 seems to be a very big step up in
the design of DC radios, so I would like to see what others think on
this subject.

73,
Rick Dettinger   K7MW

Re: KX3 AF/RF gain control

KK7P
Rick,

You tap to toggle the control between RF Gain and AF Gain.

73,

Lyle KK7P

> In the photo of the KX3, the gain control is labeled AF/RF.  Since
> this is not a concentric control, it must adjust the gain at both
> stages with one knob...

Re: KX3 AF/RF gain control

Rick Dettinger-3
"Tap" and "Hold".  After 11 years with Elecraft radios, I might have
figured that one out!

73,
Rick   K7MW