[KX3]An American with KX3 in Paris

GOBrien
I am having a ball here on vacation in Paris with my KX3 #151. For info, wire ants in small
hotel rooms don't get out well.  Be sure and get as much spacing from the concrete walls as possible.
I had to toss the hex nut into the gutter on the slate roof.  So far have worked an LA5 and EN2012U
(soccer special event stn) on 4 watts in between visits to the Louvre and La Tour Eiffel.
72 et au revoir mes amis de George, F/AB4FH

Re: [KX3]An American with KX3 in Paris

GOBrien
Well it's Wednesday so have taken my granddaughter to Chateau de Versailles and Notre Dame de Paris.  We've eaten escargots and bouillebais. Best part is the evenings and early mornings on CW and PSK31 with the KX3. I've added EW8O, IN3GNV and various others to the log.  This rig is a pure pleasure with its combination of size, simplicity of use but full features, not to mention being miserly on battery power.  I've still got 11.7 VDC on the set of lithiums after many hours of listening and a handful of QSO's at 4 watts. Il est incroyable cet appareil sortant de la genie d'Elecraft! 73 de la ville de la lumiere Paris.
de F/AB4FH, George

Re: [KX3]An American with KX3 in Paris

GOBrien
Final chapter of our visit and the KX3:
Today is Friday and by now we have seen all
the key attractions in this lovely city via Metro,
RER, river boat and by foot.  We've tasted the savor
of its cuisine, heard the many languages of
the world and steeped our minds in its art and music.
Alas, the batteries of the KX3, they too, have ebbed
away as have the hours of our stay.  Thanks Elecraft
and the people of Paris for a memorable vacation.

Au revoir et a la prochaine fois... 72 de AB4FH, George
and granddaughter, Rebekah