KX3 Arrivel

Dave KD1NA
Everyone,
I finally received my KX3 kit #700 last Wednesday ( July 11 ).

The only issue was the battery cable was a little short making it
challenging to keep it connected to the control board when opening the rig
up.

Another issue was the 4-40 screws provided to fasten the final power
transistors to the side panel/heat sink were too short. I dug into my
Elecraft parts box ( built many kits ) and found some that were the correct
length.

I upgraded the firmware to 1.06. When the firmware upgrade was finished I
powered down the KX3 and was not able to power up the rig until I removed
one battery and removed the power cord. After reinstalling the battery and
power connection the KX3 powered up as normal with the new firmware.

The radio works very well and my first qso was on 75 meters on AM!! Good
audio reports. Sideband reports were good too.

73
Dave KD1NA