KX3 Availability

Steve KC8QVO
I apologize if this has been discussed some, but what is the availability of the KX3 - date/qty first run? From what I have found it is supposed to be available for ordering some time in December and shipping possibly later in January. I would like to get one of these little rigs and from previous introductions from Elecraft it is nearly impossible to get a first production unit, everyone wants one HI!

I was on the fence with a KX1 a while back and I'm glad I waited. The KX3 is a better fit for my operating style with SSB and all bands, although I love QRP CW.

Steve, KC8QVO

K3 together with P3 and EXPERT 1k possible?

Peter, DL2FI
Good morning all
I have seen some postings of EXPERT 1k users here on the reflector, I need
your help.

A friend has a K3 and a P3. Now he wants to connect his EXPERT PA to this
combo. The problem: The K3 RS232 is occupied by the cable to P3, both P3
RS232 are occupied by Cables to k3 and PC. Because he wants to use the
Expert with different Antennas on different bands, he wants the K3 to tell
the EXPERT on which band it should work. But how? I personally have a
K3/P3/KPA500, so I can´t try to find a solution.

Thanks in advance

Peter, DL2FI

Re: K3 together with P3 and EXPERT 1k possible?

Kjeld Holm
Dear Peter,

Your friend needs to make a Y-cable from the K3 to the Expert according to
the Expert manual so the Expert can listen but not transmit via this cable.
And remember the Expert is slow so you have to select the right
communication speed. I do not remember exactly but I believe it is 19200.

Best regards

OZ1CCM Kjeld

I have seen some postings of EXPERT 1k users here on the reflector, I need
your help.

A friend has a K3 and a P3. Now he wants to connect his EXPERT PA to this
combo. The problem: The K3 RS232 is occupied by the cable to P3, both P3

RS232 are occupied by Cables to k3 and PC. Because he wants to use the
Expert with different Antennas on different bands, he wants the K3 to tell
the EXPERT on which band it should work. But how? I personally have a
K3/P3/KPA500, so I can´t try to find a solution.

Thanks in advance

Peter, DL2FI

Help:  <http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm> http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htm

Post:  <mailto:[hidden email]> mailto:[hidden email]

This list hosted by:  <http://www.qsl.net> http://www.qsl.net

Please help support this email list:  <http://www.qsl.net/donate.html>
http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: K3 together with P3 and EXPERT 1k possible?

Phil Salas
The SPE Expert has the standard BCD band data interface as well.  You can
just feed the band data outputs of the K3 to the SPE Expert and not even use
the RS232 interface.

Phil - AD5X

"Good morning all.  I have seen some postings of EXPERT 1k users here on the
reflector, I need
your help.  A friend has a K3 and a P3. Now he wants to connect his EXPERT
PA to this
combo. The problem: The K3 RS232 is occupied by the cable to P3, both P3
RS232 are occupied by Cables to k3 and PC. Because he wants to use the
Expert with different Antennas on different bands, he wants the K3 to tell
the EXPERT on which band it should work. But how? I personally have a
K3/P3/KPA500, so I can´t try to find a solution.  Peter, DL2FI"

Re: K3 together with P3 and EXPERT 1k possible?

Stewart@twinwood
This is the way I have my K3/P3 combination connected to the 1k-FA, and it
works well.

Stewart G3RXQ
On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 07:00:26 -0600, Phil & Debbie Salas wrote:

> The SPE Expert has the standard BCD band data interface as well.  You can
> just feed the band data outputs of the K3 to the SPE Expert and not even use
> the RS232 interface.
>
> Phil - AD5X
>
> "Good morning all.  I have seen some postings of EXPERT 1k users here on the
> reflector, I need
> your help.  A friend has a K3 and a P3. Now he wants to connect his EXPERT
> PA to this
> combo. The problem: The K3 RS232 is occupied by the cable to P3, both P3
> RS232 are occupied by Cables to k3 and PC. Because he wants to use the
> Expert with different Antennas on different bands, he wants the K3 to tell
> the EXPERT on which band it should work. But how? I personally have a
> K3/P3/KPA500, so I can´t try to find a solution.  Peter, DL2FI"

Re: K3 together with P3 and EXPERT 1k possible?

Peter, DL2FI
Thank you Phil and Stewart, this helps a lot

73 de Peter, DL2FI