KX3: Do (OFS / B) LEDs ever both turn off?

KX3: Do (OFS / B) LEDs ever both turn off?

Andrew Moore-3
I would swear I've had my KX3 in a mode in which the LED indicators for
OFS/B were both turned off (maybe at power-up?), but once the LEDs are
active I can't seem to duplicate the behavior.

When I tap the adjacent knob to select either OFS or B mode, the
appropriate LED would turn on, as expected.

The unexpected behavior was that the LED would ever be off in the first
place, since the knob has to always be tied to either one function or the
other.

The only explanation I can think of is that the LEDs don't light until you
need either of those functions.

I've consulted the manual but I'm still a little confused. It happens
easily....

--Andrew, NV1B
maineware.net

Re: KX3: Do (OFS / B) LEDs ever both turn off?

Matt Zilmer
If VFO B's display isn't showing a frequency, both LEDs (OFS and B)
will be dark.  This would be the case if the VFO B display is used to
show KX3 operating parameters (voltages, time, temperatures, audio
output levels).  Tap DISP to toggle VFO B between frequency and
parameter displays.

73,
matt W6NIA