KX3 FM mode receive

Adrian
Hi

I have been playing with the KX3 (serial 919) for a few weeks now.

I find on 6m FM I cant get the signal meter to read any signal strength.

It may be finger problems by me?

It would be nice to give up to 60min on the auto off function.

Other than that I love this little radio.  Transmit and receive are excellent.

Still amazes me how many tweeks can be done.

73's Adrian VK5ZBR.

Re: KX3 FM mode receive

Skip NC9O
Hi Adrian,

I contacted Elecraft about this same problem and was told they are aware of it and are working on a solution. If the FM signal is strong the receive audio is great just not much of a meter deflection. I ran a signal generator into the KX3 and switched between all the modes and noticed that the S meter on a S9 signal in CW and SSB only gave abt one bar on the S meter. I stumbled on the when trying to use a local 6 meter repeater. I'm hoping they come up with a solution soon because my Ft817 does a great job on 6 meters with the same antenna so I might have to stick with that rig on 6.

I agree it is a great little rig and with my computer headset I get great reports on SSB and have cracked some pileups with it.

73, Skip NC9O
KX3 sn 955