KX3 Features

Bob W9RFS
Will the KX3 be capable of synchronous detection? Also, I was wondering if you are going to be able to monitor voltage and current like you can on the K3. If so, then would it be possible for the current consumption to be monitored as well as voltage maximums/minimums? There is a product called the "Watts Up Meter" which I have used with my K3 in the field which measures: Amp hours (Ah), Watt hours (Wh), voltage, Watts and captures peak current (Amps), peak power (Watts) and voltage sag (minimum Volts). It could come in handy while trying different types of batteries. I think some sort of facility to more precisely estimate your internal/external battery reserves would be useful with the KX3.
Thanks, 73

Re: KX3 Features

wayne burdick
Administrator

On Jun 1, 2011, at 10:51 PM, Bob W9RFS wrote:

> Will the KX3 be capable of synchronous detection?

Yes, but possibly not in the first production firmware release.

> Also, I was wondering if
> you are going to be able to monitor voltage and current like you can
> on the
> K3.

Yes.

> If so, then would it be possible for the current consumption to be
> monitored as well as voltage maximums/minimums?

There's a menu entry to set the minimum voltage before a "LO BATT"
warning shows up. "HI CUR" will be flashed if transmit current drain
is excessive (and power will be automatically reduced in this case,
just like on the K2 and K3).

> There is a product called
> the "Watts Up Meter" which I have used with my K3 in the field which
> measures: Amp hours (Ah), Watt hours (Wh), voltage, Watts and
> captures peak
> current (Amps), peak power (Watts) and voltage sag (minimum Volts).
> It could
> come in handy while trying different types of batteries. I think
> some sort
> of facility to more precisely estimate your internal/external battery
> reserves would be useful with the KX3.

Great idea, saved in the Future Firmware file.

73,
Wayne
N6KR