[KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100

Rick Miller - N1RM
I'm interested in finding out a couple of things about planned accessories for the KX3.

Will the KXAT100 be a separate box, or can it be incorporated into the KXPA100?
How far from the KX3 can the KXAT and KXPA be operated, and what type of interconnect is needed?
When can we expect these to be available (roughly)?

I'm considering replacing my go-kit radio (FT-857D/LDG YT100) with KX3/KXPA/KXAT, mainly for better HF performance and possibility of putting the PA/tuner nearer to antennas.  I'll be giving up 2m and 440, but I almost never use that capability on the 857.  I would be interested in other's thoughts on such a setup.

Thanks,
Rick
AI1V

Re: [KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100

Don Wilhelm-4
Rick,

The plan as I know it is to have both the amp and tuner in the same
enclosure.
I do not know about the distance, but consider that the plan is to have
the amp and tuner mounted remotely in a vehicle - say with the amp and
tuner in the trunk and the KX3 "up front" - so my judgement tells  me
that 15 to 20 feet of wire length separation must work if that goal is
to be accomplished.

I have no idea about the date

On 6/11/2012 8:34 PM, Rick Miller - AI1V wrote:

> I'm interested in finding out a couple of things about planned accessories
> for the KX3.
>
> Will the KXAT100 be a separate box, or can it be incorporated into the
> KXPA100?
> How far from the KX3 can the KXAT and KXPA be operated, and what type of
> interconnect is needed?
> When can we expect these to be available (roughly)?
>
> I'm considering replacing my go-kit radio (FT-857D/LDG YT100) with
> KX3/KXPA/KXAT, mainly for better HF performance and possibility of putting
> the PA/tuner nearer to antennas.  I'll be giving up 2m and 440, but I almost
> never use that capability on the 857.  I would be interested in other's
> thoughts on such a setup.

[KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100

Johnny Siu
It would be wonderful if KXPA100 can give a bit amplification on 2m - say 25-30W.  Then my IC7000 can find a new home.  Of course, ATU function at 2m is not required.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

寄件人︰ Rick Miller - AI1V <[hidden email]>
收件人︰ [hidden email]
傳送日期︰ 2012年06月12日 (週二) 8:34 AM
主題︰ [Elecraft] [KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100

I'm interested in finding out a couple of things about planned accessories
for the KX3.

Will the KXAT100 be a separate box, or can it be incorporated into the
KXPA100?
How far from the KX3 can the KXAT and KXPA be operated, and what type of
interconnect is needed?
When can we expect these to be available (roughly)?

I'm considering replacing my go-kit radio (FT-857D/LDG YT100) with
KX3/KXPA/KXAT, mainly for better HF performance and possibility of putting
the PA/tuner nearer to antennas.  I'll be giving up 2m and 440, but I almost
never use that capability on the 857.  I would be interested in other's
thoughts on such a setup.

Thanks,
Rick
AI1V

Re: [KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100

Gary Gregory
*Johnny,

That would be great, then I could send my Yaesu 2M set to the dumpster
because I wouldn't want to inflict IT on a fellow HAM...:-)

73
Gary
*
On 12 June 2012 10:52, Johnny Siu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It would be wonderful if KXPA100 can give a bit amplification on 2m - say
> 25-30W.  Then my IC7000 can find a new home.  Of course, ATU function at 2m
> is not required.
>

> TNX & 73,
>

> Johnny VR2XMC
>
> 寄件人︰ Rick Miller - AI1V <[hidden email]>
> 收件人︰ [hidden email]
> 傳送日期︰ 2012年06月12日 (週二) 8:34 AM
> 主題︰ [Elecraft] [KX3] KXPA100/KXAT100
>
> I'm interested in finding out a couple of things about planned accessories
> for the KX3.
>
> Will the KXAT100 be a separate box, or can it be incorporated into the
> KXPA100?
> How far from the KX3 can the KXAT and KXPA be operated, and what type of
> interconnect is needed?
> When can we expect these to be available (roughly)?
>
> I'm considering replacing my go-kit radio (FT-857D/LDG YT100) with
> KX3/KXPA/KXAT, mainly for better HF performance and possibility of putting
> the PA/tuner nearer to antennas.  I'll be giving up 2m and 440, but I
> almost
> never use that capability on the 857.  I would be interested in other's
> thoughts on such a setup.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick
> AI1V

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
Elecraft Equipment
K3 #679,P3 #1629, KPA-500 #018 KAT-500#??
Living the dream!!!