KX3 Musing..

Dave KK7SS
(Tongue firmly in cheek..)

The "Ultimate" KX3 would 'obviously' have a 160M->2M Fractal Patch antenna built into the top of the case...  Lyle?

Flame-proof suit is "ON"

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it..
'65 Sprite - in process :(
'76 Midget - co-owned with #4 Son :)
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

Re: KX3 Musing..

kevinr@coho.net
I think 160m to 2m is asking a little much from a fractal patch antenna.
But from 20m to 2m should be within the ballpark of a dedicated antenna
designer.  I don't think there is enough space on the rig for those lower
bands.  But some of the grad students at the U of New Mexico were working
on just such things during my time there.  My advisor was the one leading
that research.  Professor Christos Christodoulou.  Lots of interesting
design notes in his CV.
    73 and GL on that fractal patch design!
       Kevin.  KD5ONS
       Residing in the suburbs of Buxton, Oregon